Brief Biography of Dr. Vumson Suantak
Date of Birth : November 9, 1937
Place of Birth: Tamdeang, Tedim Township, Chin State, Burma.
Date of Deceased: September 19, 2005, Laurel Hospital, Maryland, USA.
1957 – Matriculated from Tedim State High School, Tedim Township.
1958 1961 – BSc. (Geology & Chemistry) Rangoon University
1959 1965 – M.Sc. (Petroleum Exploration at the Mining Academy) Freiberg – Germany.
1960 1969 – Ph. D (Doctor of Natural Science) Bergacademie, Freiburg – Germany
1986 – Author of Zo History (in English)
Social and Political Activities (1987- 2005 )
• Foundation for Democracy in Burma /member and for five years served as its President.
• Member of Committee for Restoration of Democracy in Burma
• Founder of Chin National Council and Chin Freedom Coalition (Washington) and Chin Forum
• Founder, Former Chairman, and Advisor of Zomi Innkuan Washington D.C (USA) since 2001.
Zomi Innkuan D.C Chairman 2001 from 2004.
• Member of the Board of Consultants of the Political Affairs Committee of Chinland,
• Human Rights Activist since 1987.
• Founding member of Zomi Literature Institute (ZOLITE)
• Member of the Zo Re-Unification Organization (ZORO) since 1995 and served as coordinator.
USA branch ZORO President.
• Member of Advisory Board of the Chin National Community – Japan.
• Lecturer in Non-Violence Actions, Human Rights and Minority Rights.
• Represent Chin Forum in Constitution drafting federal and state in various Burma related Seminars.
• Worked together with the NCGUB from 1991 to 1999 and other organizations.
• Promote Peace and Democracy in Burma and encouraged armed groups for peace negotiations.
• He political activities involved, among other works, lobbying Congress and the US Government for the cause of bringing democracy to Burma and giving interviews to the media such as the BBC, Voice of America, and the Radio Free Asia etc.
1. Pa Suak Kang – Tam Deang, Tedim Township, Chin State, Burma.
2. Nu Vung Khai – Tam Deang, Tedim Township, Chin State, Burma.
3. Pa Cin Za Dal – Tam Deang, Tedim Township, Chin State, Burma.
4. Pa Lian Kop Cin – Yangon, Myanmar
5. Pa Ngo Cin Thawng – Chairman, Zomi Innkuan D.C, Maryland, USA.