– T. Zamlunmang Zou
New Year’s Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year. It’s a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes. Did your New Year resolutions make our top ten list?
01. Spend More Time with Family & Friends: Recent polls conducted by General Nutrition Centers, Quicken, and others shows that more than 50% of Americans vow to appreciate loved ones and spend more time with family and friends this year. Make plans to meet up with friends and love ones, keep your friendship alive. Give more time with your family to make a lively home.
02. Get Out of Debt: Was money a big source of stress in your life last year? Try your best to avoid giving yourself debt. Minimise your expenditure, calculate you daily expenditure, mark the unnecessary expenditures. Buy what you need and not what you want.
03. Learn Something New: Have you vowed to make this year the year to learn something new? Perhaps you are considering a career change, want to learn a new language, or just how to fix your computer? Whether you take a course or read a book, you’ll find education to be one of the easiest, most motivating New Year’s resolutions to keep.
04. Help The Needy: A popular, non-selfish New Year’s resolution, volunteerism can take many forms. Whether you choose to spend time helping out the orphanage home, financially help the needy, you can contribute your used clothes to so many orphanage homes in Delhi.
05. Make New Friend with Eyes wide Open: Making new friends is expanding your world. Remember that you are living with the people of totally different culture, traditions, livelihood, the way of eating food, the type of food we eat are not the same anymore. Try to make news friends with your eyes wide open. Try to befriend with the mainland Indian, try to learn something from them. But remember to preserve your dignity.
06. Work with Dedication: Wether you are working in a private sector or a government sector, try to keep your work at the first place just next to your family. Remember your work is your living generator, think how to love it. Stick to your work as long as it gives you a handsome amount of salary. Dont try to keep on shiftung from one place to another.
07. Remember Thy Creator: The most important resolution. the first and the last to everything is to remember your God. Try to read your Bible everyday, try to maintain your fellowship with God once a day. Try to attend every Sunday Worship services. Try to give back just one-thenth of what God has given you.
Related articles by Zemanta
- What Is the No. 1 New Year’s Resolution For ’09?
- Places to Work on Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Study Shows Women Make New Year Resolutions While Men Keep Them
- Gretchen Rubin: The Balanced Life: How to stick to your New Year’s resolutions – 12 tips.
- New Year’s Resolutions
- Necessary Resolution? Love.
- The Psychology of New Year’s Resolutions
- Setting a Weight Loss Resolution
- A New Year, A New You
- 15 Days of New Years Resolutions with Jessica Knows Launching December 16